How opposite are you with your husband or partner & still have a meaing relationship? read my list
Monday, December 10, 2012
My husband & I are so opposite no one knows how we even came to be. My list of our oppositions.
1. I am romantic Gary is not
2. I love classical music , opera, & bluesy music, Gary like's the 60,70 & 80's music
3. i love our local plays, plus going to Broadway in New York City, Gary does not like plays
4. I love all kinds of ethnic foods , Gary is a plain meat & potato eater he never had a casserole dish , not even macaroni salad or potato salad the only soup he ever ate was chilli & tomato
5.I love the rain, it depresses Gary
6. I love back ground sounds, Gary likes silence
7.I love drama on television shows, Gary likes comedy
8.I get all beside myself when things happen & Gary is so calm he says come sit here by me & tell be all about it.Then I feel better because he listened, while I ranted then he says don't you feel better now!!!
9. I love anything old.. items, houses , old buildings. Gary likes the modern
the list could go on,but I do not want to drag it out
What holds us together with so many opposites.
1.That we have respect for one another in the things we each love in life. ( even when they are opposite.)
2.We are both compassionate about those that have less, we help them out
3.We laugh together about the silly things we do at times
4. We love to camp & then when rain comes in the night it sounds so beautiful as it falls on the camper , then we cuddle together, then Gary is not depressed because it is at night
5. We go for hours & sometimes all day on our motorcycle
6. We love nature outdoors & watch certain shows of nature,on Public broadcasting
7. We both like airplane shows, (& built together planes to fly they are remote control )
8. We both sit down together to discuss buying anything large & costly,if we need to talk about issues the tv is shut off ,radio & phone come's off the hook, that way we have each other;s undivided attention.The issue may not be solved, but we both know that each other are aware of the issue & what each other is feeling. I use to work with 95 % women when i was younger, I heard a lot of them say their husbands ought to know what they are thinking. I said if I ever married that would never happen