Thursday, December 06, 2012
Though I'm not much of a jogger due to knee, back and balance issues, I think this time of year many of us are on that never ending treadmill. I find myself putting too many things on hold while not accomplishing nearly enough on my to do list. The stress of never quite keeping up with all the healthy things I want in my life, while putting too much focus on details that don't matter...eventually caught me. Today I realized it has been a long time since I last blogged. So, today I put together a new list. This one is of a few things to help me find my way to 2013 while actually enjoying the days from here to there.
1. Do it now or get it off the list
2. My crockpot is not the lazy way to dinner...use it!
3. 'No' is not a four letter word.
4. Rewards are not just nice, they are essential.
5. If I feel stressed I will immediately find something that makes me smile and focus on that.
6. Eating well is even more important to my personal sense of well being than formal exercise.
7. Almost any activity can be modified for a good workout... Think, think,think.
8. Write down food, exercise and the things that I'm thankful for each day.
9. Meditate and pray.
10. Make time for play...every day.