10 Things I've learned
Thursday, December 06, 2012
In no particular order . . .
1. I can walk a HM. If ever I'm injured & can walk but not run, I know I can do it.
2. It's not as much fun to walk -- you don't get your endorphins. But it's a lot more fun to walk it with a buddy!
3. Walking a HM can make you surprisingly sore. Maybe because I'd trained to run, not walk & you do use your muscles differently. Maybe because I was on my feet for longer than if I'd run it.
4. Rest is important. You won't get more toned, or thinner, or faster without rest.it's just as important as working out hard. Maybe more important.
5. You have to move more often. If you spend the day on the couch after a hard workout you probably won't see the results you want. Some movement evey hour, even just a few minutes, will benefit you more.
6. Eating is the most important part of the puzzle. You can't out exercise a bad diet but you can lose weight without exercising. But exercise will make it easier to maintain your weight loss.
7. I already own a coach Nichole DVD which I love & use often. This vacation I'm also using & loving the videos right on the site . . . many easy to do anywhere.
8. The more sugar you eat, the more you want. I personally think it's ok to have something sweet most days - even multiple times a day- but keep an eye on it & keep an eye on the ingredients, too.
9. If you fill up on healthy foods first, you have less room for the unhealthy ones.
10. It takes a LOT of work to maintain a healthy lifestyle, both mentally & physically. You've got to really want it. And you've got to sometimes put yourself first. Ultimately it isn't selfish, even if the people around you can't see that - at first.
What have you learned?