Thursday, December 06, 2012
Here I am pondering again. What is my true motivation for joining SparkPeople and trying ... once again ... to get back to a healthy weight?
I know that I have to clearly identify my WHY and remind myself of it frequently. Otherwise, I'll be unable to avoid temptations. And I'll be unable to motivate myself to exercise. And just generally go off the rails.
So I'm posting this to start clarifying my WHY.
Why do I want to make the effort to achieve and maintain a healthy weight?
So I can:
* fit comfortably into an airplane seat and not need a seatbelt extender
* walk for miles in cities around the world without being winded and having sore muscles
* be flexible enough to squat and bend and get up and down off the floor
* know that I'm doing everything I can for my health
* feel more confident about my appearance
This is a start. I'll keep pondering. I do that a lot anyway.