164 Days and Counting...
Wednesday, December 05, 2012
Today's workout plan:
- 5 minutes walking to warm up
- Week 2 Day 2 of the C2HM program: alternate running 60sec and walking 90 sec for 2 miles
- 5 minutes walking to cool down
- 5:00 walking
- 27:00 running/walking - a minute faster than on Monday!
- 6:12 minutes walking - I needed a little extra to get back to the starting point
- total time: 38:12
- total distance: 2.625 miles (21 laps around the indoor track)
I was quite PO'ed when I started my workout, thanks to one of the programs at work. One of the head honchos (currently on location in Turkey), demanded new builds be produced and shipped to him today. He didn't bother to plan or communicate this to anyone, so developers showed up late in the morning like they usually do, and everyone has other work already. The end result: I miss my workout altogether and stay until my part of the effort is done, or I abruptly leave in the middle of the afternoon to workout then go back to work.
I went with option B, showed up to the gym still angry, knocked a minute off the 2-mile time, came back to work (no shower or gym clothes, since I hadn't planned on it when I packed my bag last night), and proceeded to twiddle my thumbs for almost 2 hours anyway. I'm glad I decided to go with option B, but I'm really tired now, trying not to fall asleep at my desk while I wait on this stuff to finish.
I really hope this doesn't become a common occurrence - I definitely won't be able to keep it up for very long, and I REALLY don't want to get off track with my training. Wish me luck!