Wednesday, December 05, 2012
Time to look back at the goals set in November (a few days late but I wanted to wait until my wednesday weigh-in). In an attempt to kick start some more progresss I decided at the beginning of this fall to start monthly goals and blog about them. I set them at the beginning of the month and reevaluate at the end. Hopefully this will keep me more accountable and really, just give me some focus and motivation. I will set a weight goal for the month as well as three other goals.
I did not meet my weight goal of 160. I am actually heading the wrong direction, up, still. I started at 166.4 and am up to 167.4. At least it is pretty steady, I just need to get it heading back in the right direction. Also, I only gained 1 pound over Thanksgiving and a vacation so I am trying not to be too hard on myself. I am going to focus on my goals and head for 165 this month with the holidays and all. I am try to not be too hard on myself because that only hurts my efforts.
Here is a reflection on by November goals:
1. STOP BINGE EATING, ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT: This is still a MAJOR issue for me, with a really bad streak mid-month. I am doing better now, so maybe I turned a corner. I am not great but better with this one. The calendar helped me see trends, which is helpful. I know this is because of outside sources so I think I am going to focus more on them this month to try to keep heading in a good direction
2. CURB WEEKEND/HOLDIAY EATING: I think I did OK with the moderation. Still definitely need to work on this one. It really hits me when I am tired (I did well on Thanksgiving and not so well the day after, when I was tired).
3. LEARN MY HUNGER CUES: Lets just say I am in the middle of a learning process. I am learning to recognize them...listening to them is another issue all together....
I know it may look like I did not do amazing last month but I really do think I am making strides. This is a journey I am trying not to rush, but rather sustain.
Current Weight: 167.4
Goal Weight: 165.0 (trying to be realistic as it is the holiday season)
1. GET 7 HOURS OF SLEEP: I have been doing well with this as of late but with the holidays I feel like this may be a bit harder and it reeks havic on my eating.
2. MODERATION...AND BE OK WITH IT: This is the holiday season and I want to enjoy it, in moderation. I tend to be hard on myself about it, which just adds to the problem.
3. TAKE TIME TO MYSELF:The holiday season gets hectic (already becoming jam packed), and I need to remember that rest and relaxation is key. I need to take care of myself so I can give to others.
Well, I think I am heading in the right direction but there is still work to be done. Hopefully these goals, and writing them down, will give me the kick start I need! Good luck to eveyone else with their goals and HAPPY DECEMBER!