An active day doing things I hate doing
Tuesday, December 04, 2012
I got up this morning about the time She(WMBO) was heading out the door. It was barely light out. No glasses on but I am able to see well enough to make coffee. Just don't ask me to read a clock.
Coffee, bathroom, banana, back upstairs to get dressed and make the bed.
A little procrastinating and it gets to be almost 9:00. I go into the kitchen for my second cup and there is The Note.
1) Good Morning
2) Get the garland and light out and put them up
3) rake the leaves out front and bag them up
4) It's a beautiful day, why don't you go for a run?
1) Thank you
2) I have to FIND them first.
3) Does she remember the first time I raked leaves? No because she won't be there for it. I don't rake leaves. We've been married almost 40 years and I have NEVER raked leaves. Now all of a sudden she wants me to rake the leaves?
4) That's sweet, but Tuesday is a don't run day.
I found the lights. They apparently were the fist things we put away last year after Christmas because I had to move about 10 tubs of Christmas stuff to get to them. Then I plugged them in. Of course. nothing. I spent a couple of hours trying to find the burned out light.
I hate Christmas decorations anyway.
It's now noon. I'm hungry.
After lunch, I made an decision. I am allowed to make them. Occasionally. I would go to Home Depot and get a couple of strings of lights and run them along with the garland that has the dead lights.
I also bought a leaf blower. I hate leaf blowers and I despise the people who use them. They are noisy and irritating. I'd rather hear bagpipes. The Guy-Across-the-Street used to start his up at 10 AM and run it non stop until 3 PM. I kid you not. Every day from about the middle of November to the middle of December. I think he died. No comment.
Now I'm one of them. Just so I don't become him.
I always wear a hat. Today, for no reason at all, I was outside sans hat. A bird pooped on my head. Ok, this is officially a bad day.
By the time the leaves were raked, the debris was blown away, and the pile packed in the bags, it was getting dark. Too late to go running.
I didn't finish her list.