Advertisement -- Learn more
about ads on this site.
Lost my groove
Monday, December 03, 2012
I haven't blogged for awhile. Yesterday and today I found myself going a bit over my calories. Truthfully, I have been struggling since after the Thanksgiving holiday. I find myself in the Christmas spirit and have been allowing myself things like hot cocoa and cookies. Probably not a horrible thing to do, but I will be worried if it continues. I am going to have to step up my exercise if I increase my calories like this! Anyway, I thought blogging about it might help me get back into my groove again.
Member Comments About This Blog Post
The holidays are gone now. Are you ready to regain or get back your groove with me? I lost mine, too, sometime during the holidays.
1389 days ago
Hi there- The holidays can be a challenge, but You can enjoy the Holidays and lose weight, here's a few tips we've shared on our Spark Team: Lose weight over the Holidays:
Here's how you can lose weight (not gain) during the Holidays.
1. Set a goal and make it a priority.
2. Make your extra bonus meals or treat meals Once a week, not every day during the holidays- like if you know your work holiday party is Friday, don't indulge in Holiday cookies on Monday.
3. Know your calorie range (sparkpeople can make that for your weight loss goal) and try to stay on the low end of it on non-Treat days. that way, you'll have an extra 750 calories to use that meal without gaining weight. (if your range is 1200-1450 calories, stay near the 1200 at least 3 days before that meal)
4. Eat a healthy breakfast and a healthy snack before going to holiday dinners/parties. that way you won't be so hungry and overindulge.
5. Step up your fitness program. Don't have time? Then step up your STEPS on your pedometer, add 2,500 steps, and you will likely burn 100 extra calories to help overcome any holiday goodies)
6. Track your food on Non holiday days, keep weighing/measuring weekly and keep drinking your glasses of water, getting your rest and taking vitamins.
We can do this!
Feel free to join this team, and also, check out my latest blog, I have shared the tips I have found helpful for me to lose weight.
1422 days ago
I hear you-the Hot Cocoa has been yelling my name-lol. One day at a time ...I'm so happy to see you are back-I've missed you!
1423 days ago
Not so horrible to treat yourself now and then... enjoying the little extras -- without going overboard -- means not feeling deprived. I read somewhere to rinse you mouth out with a glass of water after eating something like a piece of chocolate to remove any remaining taste that might prompt you to go for more. Works pretty good for me!As Katie said, you'll get your groove back... don't be too hard on yourself.
1423 days ago
you can find your groove again, just search for why your doing this in the first place, stick some good music on and get dancing!!! xxx
1424 days ago
Disclaimer: Weight loss results will vary from person to person. No individual result should be seen as a typical result of following the SparkPeople program.
More Blogs by KYLIESCHELLE