Monday, December 03, 2012
I am a bit torn about whether to join a 3 week bootcamp. It is $75 which isn't bad, and I have done this bootcamp before but I did the 8 week session. I am apprehensive for these reasons:
1. The owner, while motivating with her rock hard body, can be a bit much. And she likes to take credit where credit isn't necessarily due. She means well and is nice but it ruffles my feathers a bit.
2. While it is crazy intense, the results tend to be minimal. I will definitely tone and tighten up but in order to translate to weight loss, I will have to do cardio on my own.
3. Once you join, the owner, once again, can be too much in that she tags you in every motivational image she can find and because she is well known, my FB feed is overrun with "Likes" and comments that have absolutely nothing to do with me.
The positive side of joiing the bootcamp and the reason I am considering it is:
1. I have agoal of losing 50 lbs by New Years Eve. I am at 44 loss and I could use any extra help I can get.
2. It would be a good way to rejuvenate my workout routine which is beginning to get a bit lazy as the weather changes. Plus I will not need to do much extra planning for my workouts. I know exactly where I am going and what I am doing every evening at 6 pm.
3. I will tone up and lose inches which in turn will help me look better and feel better about some of the lose skin issues I have spoken about before.
My fiance seems to think that I am capable of doing this on my own but he supports me either way. I am also worried that this extreme workout will give me less energy and time to workout with my sister and she needs me right now because she is struggling with staying on top of her weight loss. I felt the best when she and I were succeeding together rather than me getting praise individually. Unfortunately, the bootcamp is not in her budget right now.
I would love your feedback Sparkies. What would you do?