I lifted this directly from sparkpeople:
Try these things today, and you'll find yourself living with more Focus:
1. At the end of each day, ask "what did I do today to work toward my Purpose?"
Hm...no I have not done this daily. I do it weekly. I guess mentally do it daily would be even better!
2. Sit still and enjoy the blessings that you're working so hard for.
Wow! I LOVE this one! We berate our efforts so much! I have lost about 24 lbs. in 2 years. I go to water aerobics at least 2X a week and often more than that! My workout gear is always available. The suit and water shoes and towel are usually drying in the kitchen.
3. Carry pictures of people who rely on you in your wallet or purse.
Here is my greatest problem. I tend to only rely on myself. I am very weak at getting the help I need. I have lots to learn about this. Recently I bought a book to help myself find others and the efficient way to get them to help me.
4. Take a 60 second vacation and become mindful of what you're doing. AHHHH!!
I actually do this pretty often. Just be mindful! "JUST" is a very powerful word. We think it means something is easy and trivial. NOT!
5. Avoid using language that contradicts your Values & Beliefs.
Don't say, I will never lose this weight!" Say instead, " Today I am doing this_________ to work toward losing this weight."
6. Have a hero. Ask "what would __________ do?"I do have a person I often think of and say, What would Mary do?" Mary is a person who puts herself first--and I mean that in a good way. She has very clear priorities. Sometimes her choices make others mad. She does consider that. And she makes adjustments whenever she feels comfortable. I have learned plenty from working with her for about 10 years.
7. Put your goals on paper, in words or pictures, and keep them in front of you
I do a weekly update blog to analyze how well I am sticking to the 6 behaviors that willhelp me .
8. Create a personal motto in a creative, catchy way. Display it as a reminder.
Maybe I will blog about this in the future.
9.Plan your week and day ahead of time in light of your goals. I pretty much never do this. The only thing I might do is go buy produce so I have healthy food available. And I try to check the calendar for things that conflict with my water aerobics classes.