What do you get when you cross a squirrel with a fish?
Squish. (Groan! Sorry about that!
5 tips for holiday shopping
By the time the holiday season rolls around each year, the wisdom you gained from last year’s marathon mall trips may be long gone from your mind. Try to plan ahead:
1. Keep a list. Starting early in the season, keep a written list of gift ideas.
2. Ask for suggestions. We all love the thrill of buying that perfect, unexpected gift. But so often, surprise gifts don’t work. It’s okay to ask people what they’d like.
3. Ask questions. When people suggest gifts for themselves, make sure you know exactly what you’ll be looking for—size, color, style.
4. Make a call. If you’re planning to make a special trip to pick up a particular item, it really pays to call first to make sure the store carries it.
5. Carry your list. That list you’ve been working on for months? Don’t leave it in your desk at the office.
Four surgeons were chatting. The first said, “I like operating on librarians best because you open them up and everything is in alphabetical order.”
The second said, “I think accountants are best because everything on the inside is numbered.”
The third said, “I prefer electricians because everything is color-coded.”
The last one said, “I think lawyers are the easiest because they’re heartless, spineless, gutless, and their heads and rear ends are interchangeable.”