You Know You're Over The Hill When...
Friday, November 30, 2012
1. You find yourself beginning to like accordion music.
2. You're sitting on a park bench and a Boy Scout comes up and helps you cross your legs.
3. Lawn care has become a big highlight of your life.
4. You tune into the easy listening station...on purpose.
5. You discover that your measurements are now small, medium and large...In that order.
6. You light the candles on your birthday cake and a group of campers form a circle and start singing Kumbaya..
7. You keep repeating yourself.
8. You start video taping daytime game shows.
9. At the airport, they ask to check your bags...and you're not carrying any luggage.
10. You wonder why you waited so long to take up macrame.
11. Your Insurance Company has started sending you their free calendar...a month at a time.
12. At cafeterias, you complain that the gelatin is too tough.
13. Your new easy chair has more options than your car.
14. When you do the "Hokey Pokey" you put your left hip out...and it stays out.
15. One of the throw pillows on your bed is a hot water bottle.
16. Conversations with people your own age often turn into "dueling ailments."
17. You keep repeating yourself.
18. It takes a couple of tries to get over a speed bump.
19. You discover the words, "whippersnapper," "scalawag" and "by-cracky" creeping into your vocabulary.
20. You're on a TV game show and you decide to risk it all and go for the rocker.
21. You begin every other sentence with, "Nowadays..."
22. You run out of breath walking DOWN a flight of stairs.
23. You look both ways before crossing a room.
24. Your social security number only has three digits.
25. You keep repeating yourself.
26. You come to the conclusion that your worst enemy is gravity.
27. You go to a Garden Party and you're mainly interested in the garden.
28. You find your mouth making promises your body can't keep.
29. The waiter asks how you'd like your steak...and you say "pureed."
30. At parties you attend, "regularity" is considered the topic of choice.