11% + down and counting...
Friday, November 30, 2012
The scale is on the move again, and I have my dear friend, Heather, in part to thank for that. She has been the truest of friends, helping me to get up off my butt no matter how exhausted, stressed, or depressed I am. She doesn't do it physically, or even verbally - she does it with her "never say die" attitude. We have a pact to do a one-month fitness streak together, and it has already helped trigger some big changes for me. So, Heather deserves a large portion of the credit for being my partner in this. You're amazing, Heather!
So, it's been not quite two weeks since the end of the last BLC when I stagnated in the second half. My depression isn't any better, I'm sleeping worse than before, and I am just so, so stressed... but I am taking pretty good care of myself, and getting things done. Plus, the scale moving again bolsters my spirits. Here's what I realized today:
- I'm already nearly 4 lbs down from the end of BLC #16. That's, umm, close to half of what I lost the entire 10 weeks of the challenge. Crikey! The only difference I can think of to account for this more rapid loss is daily exercise. I'm getting about the same number of fitness minutes per week, sometimes even fewer, but the difference is I am not taking any breaks, even if I only do something for 10-20 minutes per day. Diet and water are basically unchanged, but I'm back to tracking.
- I am on a 13-day exercise streak... and counting.
- I am officially down 35 lbs from my starting weight of 311 lbs back on May 14, 2012. That's just a little over 11% of my body weight gone!
- My BMI has dropped from 61 to 54. I still have a loooong way to go, but I'm making progress!
- I was late for a seminar this morning, and I ran down the hall to scoot in on time. Me. Run. Not winded. It was almost like I'm a healthy person. ;)
Most of all, I've been consistently at this for 6 months and I don't see myself stopping any time soon. At this point, I CANNOT stop. I'm in this for the long haul. It is nice, however, to see the scale budge again. :)