Thursday, November 29, 2012
1. Christmas shoppers really aren't that bad. That's at least the case at Lands End. I've never been to a Black Friday, and I haven't been to a Mall to purchase anything since Middle school or high school. I imagined people crawling over the stairwell and stampeding and wrestling over the last Tickle Me Elmo doll.
2. My 10k training has come to good use. I'm walking a lot, and although I haven't started my new advanced 5k plan yet, I think I'm getting some pounds lost. I've noticed that I'm down a little in weight since Thanksgiving again. Hopefully in the mornings I'll be around 274. This may sound bad but as long as I keep my weight under or at 280 by the next BLC I am completely content. I imagine that I gain a lot more weight than that other years. All this walking should help a lot.
3. A slice of Sbarro Cheese Pizza is 340 calories, a slice of Sbarro Sausage pizza is 680 calories. Drink some water with that and you have yourself a food court lunch during Lunch break. I'll admit on my first training day I bought two slices. However my first day of on floor work I bought one slice. Next time I go shopping (when I get my pay check in 3 long weeks), I'll find some food to put in the break room.
4. I am the only human being that owns a turn signal. Oh, you own one too? Do you use it? Please let me know and if your answer is the right one I'll leave you a Spark goodie like a cookie or a snowflake or something.
5. I'm learning what it's like to introduce myself as "employed" to new people at church or Wednesday night fellowship. No longer do I have to say that I graduated from college in May and I'm looking for a job and I live with old people. I can say I work somewhere, and that I do something during the day.
6. Calluses disappear somewhere, but I don't know where. How something that big goes missing I'll never know.
7. Once you make something available at the front of the store, no one looks for it anymore. Murphy's Law is applicable in all 50 states, Canada, South America, United Nations and Mars.
8. I now know how to tie a woman's scarf. Hit me up if you need help. :-P I also have this strong urge to fold clothes that are laying haphazardly around the house just from instinct now.
9. I discovered a new fear of elevators and being under bridges on a highway at a stop light.
10. I want to shop there, in a fancy mall with great signage. My clothes have come from Walmart and Hamricks for too long. When I make enough money... someday!
1. What is a Cami? A cardigan? Why do you ladies have 80 different ways to name a sweater?
2. When can I run *in tennis shoes* again?
3. How do Tornados hit one little table display, yet completely ignore the rest of the store around it?
4. How do my co workers memorize where everything is in the store, even though everything changes every single day?
5. Why do stores play Christmas music about how the only thing important is "being together"... do they play this on Black Friday for their customers too? Is this a pun?
All in all, I've been keeping busy. Taking the stairs, walking to the storage room, taking the stairs, carrying boards and heavy robes, taking the stairs, walking to the storage room. I feel if I pair this with another BLC next season I should see some great results on weight loss. I believe I already have. Last Saturday night I weighed in at 287 (!), tonight I was 278. That's still heavier than my ending BLC weight, but I expect it to stay still or go down during the coming weeks just from work. Now that I'm doing this during my day instead of just running for an hour, then lounging... this should become easier.
Sleep is gonna feel sooooo relaxing tonight, until I wake up tomorrow afternoon.