Stephen's Nutrition and Exercise Tips to Himself
Thursday, November 29, 2012
No, I'm not crazy in referring to myself in the 3rd person...this is just a reminder to myself on those days I'm thinking of doing bad things
- record my food honestly and diligently
- when I'm not jonesing for "extra" flavour, eat my steamed veggies naked (no, not in the nude...as in no dressings or sauces)
- before snacking, ask out loud, with my cat as a witness: "am I ACTUALLY hungry?"
- don't make a big dinner out of habit...gear my meal richness to my actual hunger level
- don't blow all my calories by end of lunch...I know I'm going to want to eat more before I go to bed
- at a party, play 'prevent defence' with my eating and drinking...giving up short yards is ok, just prevent the big play
- have the fresh fruit and veggies on hand that I will ACTUALLY eat, not the stuff I should want to eat
- chocolate on hand is chocolate in my mouth...gotta make sure there is no more than one bar of dark chocolate in the house at any one time
- an all veggie breakfast is OK
- love my red meat...let's keep it to 2 or 3 times per week at most though
- some bread every day > alot of bread in one day
- eat those high glycemic index carbs before workout, not after
- beef jerkey...tastes great, but the sodium!
- the more diligent I am with doing dishes after each meal, the healthier I eat...go figure
- I should stop eating to the top of my calorie range just because I have the room for it
- 6 lbs to go...don't get too complacent now
- wow my skin hates the sugar
- gotta have apples on hand EVERY day
- remember: drink water when I wake up...don't HAVE to eat right away
- gotta stop skimping on my walk routine, just cause its cold outside
- gotta go easy on the a.m. coffee, just cause its cold outside
- tell myself: only having 1 round on the Nike+ Kinect is NOT an option
- more free weights
- don't cheat on my flexibility exercises...who am I cheating??
- cool down is important...cool down is important...
- don't let a few minor aches and pains be an excuse to do nothing today...I'm 40 and have to get used to it now
- less time on the computer, please