Tuesday, November 27, 2012
We made it easier to share the fitness activity you track on SparkPeople with your Facebook friends. To do this you can:
- Search for and select an activity as you normally do
- After you enter your minutes, you can check the "Post to Facebook" button to the right of the tracker
- The first time you do this, you'll need to grant access to your Facebook account for SparkPeople to post
- Your fitness activity and minutes will now appear on your Facebook feed
- After you do this once we will pre-check the "Post to Facebook" box; to turn this off there is a link to "settings" next to the box, click that to go to your Account Settings to turn this off
- You get 2 SparkPoints for posting your fitness to Facebook (max of 2 points per day)
We want to stress that this is completely optional. If you don't have a Facebook account or don't want to post to Facebook, we understand! But we have had a number of members ask for this feature, especially members who currently post fitness activity from devices like their Garmin or Nike run trackers and some fitness apps.
Please reply if you have any comments or problems with this new feature.