Monday, November 26, 2012
I know, Thanksgiving was LAST WEEK.
But really, shouldn't we be thankful for things ALL YEAR LONG?
Here are some things I'm thankful for, all year around!
- My Family & Friends! People around me who help give me the encouragement to do the things I need to do, and assistance to do the things I want to do!
- My Job! I love where I work, although it can be stressful at times. Also, it stopped a 2-year unemployment streak. I can NEVER not be thankful for it.
- God! I'm not a religious person, however I am spiritual and I do believe in a higher power of some sort- "God" is the title I am giving to that higher power. ANYWAY, I am thankful to God for giving us blessings in disguises in the forms of dreams, inspirations, and just little 'feelings' that help nudge things one way or another.
- Past Experiences! Good or bad, I am who I am today based on things that have happened in my life.
- People who I DON'T KNOW! There are a multitude of people in the world who are just plain awesome. And even if I don't see them, EVER, they still help my life. SparkPeople? Created by a person I don't know. Books/Games/Entertainment? Created/marketed/distributed/e
tc. by people I don't/barely know. The cars we drive? Also created by people I don't know. It's the people who are behind the scenes that often go uncredited, and who tend to almost make an impressive impact.
Oh, and one very important thing:
- Myself! I am awesome. And I've got an awesome body. I need to remind myself that I can do things that MANY people can't. Whenever I whine about not being able to walk because "my foot hurts," I'm forgetting about people who will -never- walk. I also have an awesome mind as well. I may not be the next great wordsmith, or an artist of any caliber. But I've got imagination, and a great mind. I am aware of my life and my surroundings. Again, not everyone is so lucky, and I will cherish my body and mind- myself!
I'm thankful for having my body and myself, for having everything that's built me up into the person I am so far, and for everyone in the world- in my life or not.