Monday, November 26, 2012
I wish I had learned about mindfulness when I was I child. I know that I would have appreciated every moment more, and would have more crisp memories of those lovely days and chapters in my life.
I want to go back and be mindful of :
- hugs from Nanna
- hearing Pop whistling in the back yard
- going fishing with my Dad
- working side by side with my Mum
- opening Christmas presents on my parents' bed
- holding my babies
- listening to children's school concerts
- hearing my children laughing
Wow... So many memories... Maybe I just need to sit quietly here and now. And instead of being sad that I didn't make the most of those moments, be thankful that they did happen and that I was privileged to be a part of them.