Monday, November 26, 2012
I was looking at my passport the other day and realized it had expired in May. I went to our local drugstore to get my passport pictures made while I waited and brought them home to begin the application process.
I had to fill out the forms online then print them out, attach the new photo in the required spot and enclose my old passport. I flipped it open. There was my 2 x 2 picture taken 10 years ago. My hair was a little longer, my face less wrinkled, but oh my was I a LOT larger.
I looked at my new picture which does show the advance of 10 years but how thrilling to see the change in my size! Of course that picture is only a head shot so I have to tell you the things I COULDN'T see in the picture but that have changed also.
1) I have new knees. My last trip overseas required wheelchair assistance and I found many of the places we were to visit unfriendly to handicapped individuals so had to rely on photographs my husband took while I waited outside/in the car.
2) I have normal cholesterol, triglycerides, and glucose levels.
3) I belong to and USE a gym (the USE is important as I had belonged to one years ago but rarely went.)
4) I am eating many new fruits and vegetables and have eliminated some foods entirely from my life (carbonated beverages, hamburgers, etc.).
5) I have more energy, stamina and a happier frame of mind.
6) I have many wonderful friends here at Sparkpeople.
7) I'm doing many things that used to be on that "when I ______" list.
8) I'm enjoying the wonder of every day.
Things CAN change - it just requires some work!