Monday, November 26, 2012
Time to "gird up the loins" as King James' version used to say... i.e. arm myself for the return to work. I haven't taken this long a vacation from the job since I took the position. I was rather proud of myself for not checking e-mail from home, the whole time. So I have no clue what will be waiting for me when I get in.
This is a recipe for "overwhelmed", as many of you might be thinking. Definitely a day for the line in the sand mentality. I have my bag of lunch and snacks packed. For the mental battle, some reminders to self:
1. You are not indispensible.
2. You don't have to do it all.
3. Just prioritize and do the most important things first.
5. Remember to take your breaks. Walk. Briskly. There is nothing so urgent it won't wait 10 minutes.
6. The chocolate in the system test room will NOT make it better.
7. Leave on time. It will all still be there tomorrow.
Got it? Got it!
Oh, and when you get home, reward yourself for survival! Remind yourself of item #1.
LIFE is good. LIFE is more than work. Live it in the moment, and Spark on!