Change....it's good, right?
Sunday, November 25, 2012
I've had a lot of changes in the last month and being honest, I haven't dealt with the stress very well at all. Everything lately has seemed to revolve around "before the marathon" and "after the marathon". It's a constant comparison in my head. I seem to have lost my motivation, drive and dedication somewhere out there in those 26.2 miles. I am determined to get all 3 of them back!!!!
So, here's the update (in bullet points, cause that's how I'm rollin' tonight. Actually I just can't seem to pull myself together enough to make a good blog, and I feel like I need to just get it out there) :
1. Since the marathon, I've had an injured right knee and the nagging pain has left me frustrated (had an MRI, nothing surgical at this point...).
2. My usual therapy of running has been nearly extinct, albeit a 1-2 mile run here and there.
3. We cancelled our gym membership as we have moved too far away to get to the YMCA.
4. We moved, about an hour away from the cities. Sooooo faaaarrr awwwaayyy.
5. I am starting a new job tomorrow. I'm nervous, to say the least.
6. I have gained 10 lbs since the marathon.
7. We sold our house and moved into a new one last week (we actually close on our house on 12/14).
8. I make a very good almond buttercream frosting and it is SCREAMING at me from my fridge right now.
9. I have to find a new gym and this terrifies me too. There is one pretty close, but the routine of going isn't there anymore. I have had my Y membership for 4 years and it's been a habit. It's been a second home, a terrific community of people, and not just any people, friends. It will be hard to create a new routine and find new "family".
10. I have to make some new friends. This is very difficult for me. I am *technically* an extrovert, however, I am SUPER close to being an introvert. I have a very difficult time making conversation with people that I don't know. I always say, I have enough friends and the few friends that I have, I'm happy with. I love them, why do I need MORE friends? Well, now that I am so far from some of those friends and SO far from my family, I will need a few more friends. Not just for me, but for my family. A babysitter, an emergency contact for the school, someone to just have a drink with now and then. Lots to think about. This terrifies me.
I am so overwhelmed with so much to do. And one day at a time is taking TOO long. I like my life in order. Living in boxes is not in order. :(
I keep saying I have to do this and I have to do that. I just need to do it. So first things first. Tomorrow I will start my new job and the girls will start their new school. Tuesday we will do the same. And then, on Wednesday (my day off), I will go for a run in my new neighborhood. I will run with no plan, I will just run and see where it takes me. I will also go to the new Community Center and I will check it out. I will get a tour and find out what it's about. I will see if it's a good fit for my family.
And then.....this weekend I will meet up with two of my favorite people and fellow Sparklers, ERINBEAR1876 and _COSMOPAULATAN_. Hooray for SparkFriends!!!!