Sunday, November 25, 2012
An action packed long weekend - mountain biking and hanging out with family.
Now it is Monday again - and things are not looking good for me. If you saw last Mondays blog, you may remember that grumpy tired mum and kids can lead to mindless eating!
Today is no better than last week - in fact, possibly worse.
1. Kids (& self) a bit tired after long fun weekend
2. Kids sick - son took himself back to bed at 9am!
3. Kids a bit grumpy (see points 1 & 2)
4. Did not get great sleep last night (see point 2)
5. Plans made for Monday have had to be cancelled (see points 2 & 3)
My Intuitive Eating spark team raised the question - does anyone keep a journal? Since I have not read the intuitive eating book yet - I was kind of surprised by the question . . . I thought the whole idea of intuitive eating was to get away from tracking food, labelling food as good/bad, feeling guilty about what was eaten etc etc.
So why journal?
This got me thinking about whether journalling might help me
- sort out my goals (non weight related of course)
- sort out my emotions
- sort out some plans & ideas for activities - both for self & kids
- really take on board the intuitive eating philosophy.
Today might be a really good day to start!