Shopping is Exercise!
Sunday, November 25, 2012
DAYum! My Fitbit proved that shopping IS exercise after all!
It is really helping to keep me motivated. I find myself checking it often and challenging myself to move even more. Now I look at taking the farthest parking space as an opportunity to rack up some steps.
Before I could manage to stay on program with eating, but could never get it together with the exercise. Something always happened like Plantar Faciitis or rotator cuff injury, etc. and I would get frustrated and give up. Now, even though I can’t do really long periods of walking, I can do shorter more frequent walks and it really DOES add up! Yesterday I probably did overdo the walking because I was really hurting when I got home, but I am very proud of myself.
Oh yeah. I have to brag a litte (OK, a LOT
). We went to Red Lobster and:
1. did not even touch the “Crack Biscuits” (and that is EXACTLY what they are to me!). Hubby ate all 5 that they gave us.
2. Skipped the cocktail and drank water.
3. ordered the lowfat dressing on the side for my salad and removed the croutons
4. ordered the steamed broccoli
5. gave hubby half of my shrimp entre
6. did not even touch the sour cream for may baked potato
I never ever would have done this had I not joined the “Christmas Present – From Me” Team. Thanks to SNOWANGELDIVA, this will be the Holiday Season that I will truly enjoy. No bloating or remorse. A present to myself indeed!