Thursday, November 22, 2012
"Responsible carbs" is a phrase I absolutely love, just recently offered to me by a Paleo Diet sparkpeople group member.
In that spirit, here is a primally responsible way to enjoy your "apple pie" this Thanksgiving...or whenever! Sounds deeelish.
PS: Get out your crockpots! It's a slow cooker recipe brought to you by Clean Eatz website.
•4 Large Golden Delicious Apples
• 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
• 1/2 cup pecan halves
• 1 Tbsp Butter
• 1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
• 1/4 cup Almond Flour
• 1 tsp Cinnamon
• 1/2 tsp nutmeg
Prep time: 15 min
Cook time: 2 1/2 hours
- Cut and core Apples - place in crock pot
- Sprinkle Cinnamon and Nutmeg to taste
- Toss with spoon in crock pot so all apple pieces get the cinnamon and nutmeg on them. Turn crockpot on to high
- In a blender add chopped walnuts and pecans, mix so they are finely chopped
- Add nut mix to bowl and add maple syrup , melted butter, almond flour and 1 tsp cinnamon and 1/2 tsp of nutmeg and mix with fork
- Spoon topping evenly on the top of the apples in the crockpot, cover and let sit on high for 2 hours
- After 2 hours remove cover from crockpot and turn crockpot to low and let bake uncovered for 30 more minuets
-Enjoy! (you might have to start hand slapping at this point)"