Why am I thankful for being fat?
Wednesday, November 21, 2012
You may think that's an odd "lead in" to a blog. I was taught as a child to find a reason to be thankful in ALL things. That doesn't mean you have to be thankful FOR all things. There is a BIG difference. Pollyanna (the Disney movie character played by Hayley Mills) played the GLAD game. When the mission box came and instead of the doll she had requested she received crutches she was GLAD she didn't need them! I guess that's where I am.
I'm still OBESE so why am I thankful for that you might ask? Here are my reasons:
1) I'm thankful I am alive and educated to my need to make this journey to health and fitness.
2) I'm thankful that my husband and son love and support me regardless of my success/failure.
3) I'm thankful that my obesity led me to Sparkpeople where I have made amazing friends.
4) I'm thankful that being obese has taught me to see the inner beauty in ALL persons.
5) I'm thankful that my inability to do things at 345# has led me to where I am now at 252.2# where I CAN do things (walk, swim, bike, etc.)
6) I am thankful there are foods that are nutritional with lower calories so that I CAN lose weight.
7) I'm thankful that sparkpeople principles have spilled over and helped me improve other areas of my life (cleaning, organization, budgeting, etc.)
8) I'm thankful that I appreciate each day more because it's a gift.
9) I'm thankful that there is a WAY to lose this fat and that I'm not doomed to remain obese my whole life.
10) I'm thankful that each day is a new beginning.
"Give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. " 1 Thessalonians 5:18