lack of html is gonna kill me
Tuesday, November 20, 2012
Spent the last half hour, 40 minutes rambling in this space, and apparently, because I used a less than sign and a greater than sign at one point of the ramble, the site interpreted it as html, and rejected it, and when I "click here to go back", I see a blank space. First time the site's eaten a blog post composed on a computer rather than on my phone.
Kind of sad, really, I'd been streaming my consciousness on a number of topics, laying a couple of bits of big news, and or confessions, and now it's all gone, vanished into the ether, and I'm not in a mood to resurrect the brilliance (or banality, if you will).
So here's the bullet pointed, cliff notes version, which you can be sure will be copied over onto microsoft word lest this window decide to reject my words once again.
- Getting an aural contact high from listening to some awesomely sludgy stoner rock (the album/song “Jerusalem” by the band Sleep. One 52 minutes song, or 63, depending on the version.
- Going to the gym a lot, since they have a 25 check in to a free t-shirt thing going on. 8 times this month, which is sad. I now live 8 miles away, and I don’t think I ever made it 8 times in the 36 months I lived less than 2 miles away.
- Working out more…and getting fatter. I use ellipticals, bikes, rowing machines regularly. Lower body stuff. Waistline shrinking, if you can trust what my pants are telling me (dunno where I put the measuring tape), and stomach not shrinking adds up to more bulging stomach.
- Weight pretty much stable. Blame it on a 50 cents a day Oreo habit. Only got one package, so that was limited to a 5 day binge. Not beating myself up, just reporting, mentioning for posterity for some future time when perhaps there will be less posterior.
- Foresee a whole heck of a lot of stress upcoming. Moving to Michigan, in a nutshell. Moving’s bad enough, doing so because I can’t get my crap together to land a job and I’m going broke, worse. So, yeah, stressssssss. One good point: more nephew time! Hope that destressor counteracts the fact…well, a whole lot of facts.
- Thanksgiving will be spent with people I’ve known a long time, and don’t spend nearly
enough time with. The host mentioned that it will be her last Thanksgiving in Madison…which I can relate to. Conversation should be interesting.
- The moving thing, first time I’ve mentioned it on here, but it’s something that I’ve resigned myself to a little bit ago. Still throwing random resumes out there, but it kind of feels like pissing into the wind. So I’ll start throwing random resumes in the direction of Ann Arbor, and see if I still get all wet. Suppose it’s probably best not to use the image that just popped to mind, that of an employer as a urinal. Don’t think they’d appreciate that! :)
- The fact of the moving (currently set for December 15), means I have 25 days to get to the gym 14 more times, which means I might have a cushion against the ravages of the holiday season. We shall see.
I’m sure there was more. I was in fine ramble mode, when I was so cruelly denied. Probably had three blog posts in one, and bits of another week’s worth of mental floss sticking out of that pile, too. But this is far easier to read, since punctuation was optional on that first attempt.