Hi guys I'm back .....sorta. Remember when we were kids and all we had to do is show up at the thanks giving table and all of those wonderful things to eat would "magicaly" apper too eat? Well I can tell you this. It ain't magic! I have been working on thanksgiving and x-mas pretty much starting the last week of Sept. Ugh! I haven't slacked off on food and exersize but I haven't had time for much of anything else between that and the holidays there will be a monthly goal for Dec. in quitting. But I haven't tracked jack.
Between cooking two chickens for broth, trying healthy recipes for foods I don't like, Xmas shopping, meal planning dealing with family etc, etc, etc,. I want to find a rock I and my sister can hide under!
One shopping trip had me almost run over bye three cars and a brinks truck!!!! and walking into a shop and know that all the cute shoes you buy are for someone else "whimper"this is torture!!!!!!
I haven't been walking so much as standing in lines (doing calf raises) and did you know people don't breath down your neck in line if they think off your rocker cause your doing squats? Make lemon screw drivers I always say lol. so I have been doing alot of calistinics and streght training.... I take that back, I do walk alot. I live in a small town and live pretty much across the street from the grocery store. and bank and can walk (now) pretty much any place I want. so I walk to the grocery, fashion, book, gift, bead, ect store. and play survive traffic sooo yeah, I walk....alot! but i haven't tracked it. which sucks cause I could get huge discounts at walgreens if I did.
Any way tell me your holiday nightmares. I know I am not alone in needing to vent.
I did get somthing VERY not healthy for me. I ordered a Figi's summer sausage and block cheese it is for me and my mom to honnor a friend who couldn't be with us this holiday. during the holidays donald our friend would make us take a break from shopping and slice up some summer sausge and cheese and put them on rye crackers and make us just slow down and injoy life. one christmas it was about the only meat we had cause we deep fried the turky to a nice charcoal brick. we (opted out of ham the year) Who knew a turky could cook under 30 min! I refuse to go shopping on friday I don't care how good the deals are!!!
I probly wouldn't be so cranky if I didn't deside to shop ONLY mom and pop stores bbut at least I and not feeding the wally world monster.
But in going through this I have found/ learned a few good things.
1. If you live with in walking distance get one of those little old lady carts and walk it! That way you get they exsrsize you need and you don't break your back lugging it all.
2. A good shop owner will help you find the perfect gift. Where as big stores don't have the man power. It cost a little more but you get a gift that doesn't get returned.
3. Unsweetened chocolate baking powder is majorly on sale this time of year. add it to your coffe grounds for that feel good boost without the calories.
4. Always remind yourself that you are going through this because you love them. It helps trust me. next year you'll be laughing about it.
5.There are more ways to eat yams and sweet potatos than drowing them in brown suger and marshmallows damn it!!!! I like a dill sauce reduction or mashed with chipotlie peppers.
6. This one is the most important. All the shopping and all the work and hassle isn't really nessarry your wife, kid, husband, won't care if the gift is not wrapped perfectly or the stuffing isn't perfect. These are all ways to tell your loved ones you care. if it becomes to much just remember, I love you works just as well.
Well that's about it. time to go back to the holiday grind. but I am leaving a pic i found thought you might like to use it for the family members how think black friday shopping is a good idea.