Really looking forward to when all of this is more of a habit...
Monday, November 19, 2012
I have been doing really well during the day. At first, the urge to go to the fridge or the cupboards every hour or two for just a bite of something, was hard to combat. That has gotten a little easier. I have divided my day into:
(and snack, if I'm naughty after dinner - but that shows me where and when I've had calories)
I don't have set times for these things - which could be a step in the future. But for the most part, it seems to work out well. I have breakfast. Then, the next time I'm hungry (or my mind wanders to food), I have a snack - something healthy. Then, I can hold off until lunch. Similar with my snack between lunch and dinner.
So, that part - eating better through the day - has fairly easily been assimilated into my daily life. It isn't a solid habit yet, but well on its way.
The part that I would really like to be a habit is dinner and after dinner! Grrr. That is going to take some work.
I have so many reasons to lose weight right now. I should list a couple of them:
1. My last pair of jeans (the loose pair) ripped. Yes, that's right. I don't have one single pair of jeans that fit and that aren't ripped.
2. I broke a belt. Disturbing.
3. I need to feel confident to audition, and unfortunately, my self-image has ties to my self-esteem.
4. Norina. I am playing Norina next summer in "Don Pasquale." She is young and fun, and I want to feel the part!
5. I'm worried that I won't be able to fit into my ski pants.
6. I can't fit into my gowns for concerts (well, I just went in and tried one on. Thank goodness it still fits. I bought it this summer, and it wasn't tight then, but it is still wearable - whew! That's what I'll be wearing in a concert on Dec 2).
7. I am not active enough to be healthy... I feel better with more exercise.
8. I would feel better not lugging around 40 pounds of extra weight!
9. I could fit into more clothes.
10. I would look better in the clothes that do fit.
11. Flying is starting to get snug again (not that I fly that often).
All of these are good reasons. I have to keep focused. It is really easy to give up when I've made a mistake early in the day, or especially at night, when I just want to eat, eat, eat!
I am really looking forward to having healthy eating habits being a habit and not such a challenge!