Bad Week, Hoping to Really Get Back on Track
Sunday, November 18, 2012
I have had a bad week as far as diet and exercise is concerned. I have had such a hard time lately finding motivation to stay on track. I have been all kinds of crap this week and have had almost no exercise. It's awful. But the good news is, I am finally feeling a flicker of real motivation to get back on the healthy train once and for all and get back to working on the Healthy Holidays Challenge I joined.
So I guess I should set some goals for this week. I'm going to take it easy on myself and not set too lofty of goals so that I am more likely to do them and feel a sense of accomplishment which I hope will help me get back to where I was healthwise.
Thanksgiving Week Goals:
1. Stick to my nutrition goals and pre-planned meals. Except for Thanksgiving. I am planning on exercising portion control but this will be my "cheat" day because let's face it. I am going to want to eat that day and I'm in no shape right now to try to make this day of eats completely off limits.
2. Drink my 100 ounces of water a day.
3. Exercise for at least 30 minutes 5 days this week. Exercise should be challenging each time so I can burn some calories. I'm thinking some form of HIIT exercise each day. I haven't joined a gym yet because we just celebrated my daughter's bday this past Friday and as a result, I'm more broke than I thought I would be. But hopefully, after Thanksgiving I can get my membership and that will give me the help I need to get my workouts back on track.
4. Do full set of stretches (I have a list that I normally do) everytime after exercise.
5. Be more active overall! I will do this by moving every hour if I'm sitting at my computer for a long time. I normally sit alot due to work, etc. I'm going to set a timer and get up and do at least 1 minute of light to moderate exercise to keep my metabolism up. I work at home so it makes this easier. I would probably not want to get up and do some push ups or jogging in place if I was in an actual office in dress clothes although I give mucho mucho props to those of you that are brave enough to!
6. Participate in all the challenges in the Healthy Holidays Challenge
7. And in honor of Thanksgiving, post something I'm thankful for each day this week.
Ok, I think those goals are not too daunting for me and can get me back into the swing of things. So does anyone have any tips for staying motivated or getting back your motivation? Would love to hear them!