Two weeks left in the 5% Fall Challenge and 5 pounds to go! This challenge helped to keep me on track through two vacations, but, now I really have to get down to business! Something about deadlines approaching is ssooo motivating!
So, what am I going to do to achieve this goal?
1. No alcoholic beverages. This is huge - my kids are grown up and living on their own. My husband and I are "free" and go out to eat/socialize with our friends A LOT. It is like we are all back in college again! And, it isn't the problem of the calories in a glass of red wine, it is that my willpower breaks down and I eat more or junkfoods that I wouldn't if I didn't drink the glass of wine.
So, abstinence is best in this case.
2. Continue to track everything I eat. Tracking food has been one of the best tools I have consistently used to this date. I will not stop now.
3. Mixing Nutrisystem meals in my diet throughout the day. Nutrisystem has helped me tremendously with portion control. When I don't use it, my portion sizes tend to get bigger and bigger and bigger.
4. Continue to run, run, and run! I will continue to schedule it in and will be using my treadmill - it's a little too cold for me outside! This is a hard one for me to do. I love to run outside. I will be using my iFit module on my treadmill to try to entertain myself. Jillian Michaels will be kicking my butt!
5. Avoid eating out at restaurants as much as possible. If my husband had his way, we would never eat at home! He loves appetizers - especially nachos! I am great at eating breakfast at home and packing my lunch and snack for work every day - I am going to try to get him to eat dinner at home. I know there will be times where I will have to go out with him (including Thanksgiving dinner), but, I will plan what I am going to order and track it before we go out, when we go out.
6. And, finally, I will continue to drink a lot of water. My office and home are well stocked with water bottles. I will drink water with lemon or unsweetened iced tea when I eat out.
So, there is my plan.
It is time!!