Saturday, November 17, 2012
It feels good to be back on track. For a few weeks I had felt like a tidal wave had rushed in and pulled me out to see. I knew what I needed to do, because I had done it before, but I just couldn’t reach the shore. I just didn’t seem to have the strength to do what I needed to do.
So, I have focused on one day at a time. One meal at a time. One exercise session at a time. And it’s working. I have already seen a small downward movement in the scale, though my official weigh in isn’t until next Wednesday.
This week’s successes include:
• Drinking 8 or more glasses of water each day!
• Sticking to my modified South Beach Diet and paying attention to portion sizes!
• Being more prepared with healthy snacks and lunches ready to take to work!
• Eating five fruits and veggies each day and usually more!
• Increasing my physical activity each day! I didn’t work out to the extent that I was a few weeks ago, but I have moved my body more and walked more than in the past couple of weeks.
As a result, I am beginning to feel better about where I am in life and in my continued striving for better health.
Today, I raise my glass of water to all my Spark Friends who daily encourage and motivate me.