A&I Week 2 Bonus Blog 2 - Magnificent Mums - Thankful
Saturday, November 10, 2012
I have so many things to be thankful for. I decided to write a blog abot them because it is something that I don't think about often enough.
1. I am thankful for my husband. I had been single for about 11 years and I had come to a point where I had decided I was ready to think about not being alone for the rest of my life. I was truly fortunate because at almost that exact time my husband (whom I did not know) retired and moved from Modesto, California to Roseburg, Oregon. His sister was good friends with my co-worker and she asked Bill (my husband) if he would be interested in taking me out. Well, I was the first lady he dated after moving to Roseburg and he was the first man that I dated after deciding I might be ready. Anyway, after just a few dates he asked me to marry him and I said yes and we got married about 4 months after meeting. He is really an awesome man who shares in household chores. In fact, he does the majority of them, but we are best friends. I am thankful that he came into my life at the exactly right time and that we have persevered through the first months of getting to know one another.
2. I am thankful that I had almost 16 years with my middle child, a son, Lee, before his untimely death while snow skiing. He brought much happiness and joy into my life. I miss him immensely, but I am at peace knowing that he had a life filled with much fun and adventure, and he died doing something that he truly loved.
3. I am thankful for my other two children, Kim and Mark. They have turned into two amazing adults whom I am very proud of.
4. I am thankful for my three grandchildren and the pleasure they bring to me.
5. I am thankful for our very wonderful elderly neighbor. She gives me hope that I will be as active as she is when I am 90 years old, and it brings me great pleasure to surprise her with something as small as a fall decoration which she truly loved.
6. I am thankful for some very dear friends that I have that helped me through the difficult times in my life, such as the death of my son and my parents. Where would one be without friends?
7. I am thankful for some very dear Spark Friends. It always brings a smile to my day when I see their name on my spark page. I enjoy giving them motivational quotes which they seem to enjoy, but which also motivate me, so it is a double pleasure.
8. I am thankful that I am healthy and able to live an active life.
9. I am thankful that thanks to my husband I am becoming less of an introvert and able to get out of my comfort zone when I meet new people.
10. I am thankful that we were able to visit my elderly aunt this summer and that she is very healthy.
Well, that is my list of things I am thankful for tonight. I am sure I will think of even more as soon as I finish, but that can be another blog. Have a happy and thankful month!