Saturday, November 10, 2012
2. Call a friend
3. Carry a bottle of water with me into the store so that I can drink it and not be hungry.
4. Eat before I go shopping.
5. Carry my raw almonds in my purse, and eat a few right there as I stare at the cheetos, and bags of M & M's, or reese's peanut butter cups.
6. Remember that I want to Loose weight, not gain it.
7. Go to the produce section and pick out a healthy apple, go pay for it, leave the store, eat it and then return to finish my shopping.
8. Never go to the store with out a list.
9. take the time to plan.
10. Chew gum while I am shopping (will this really help)
11. ask my husband to shop with me for a few weeks, or a friend, so that I can't hide unhealthy snacks.
12. Make a list of healthy snacks to have on hand and buy those.
13. Remind myself that I am wanting to be healthier, and loosing weight will get me there.
14. Pray, ask the Lord for strength to make wise choices.
15. become transparent, and ask for help.
16. Carry pictures of my grandchildren in my purse and pull them out when I am tempted to buy unhealthy snacks. (Do I want them to eat this stuff?)
17. Plan my shopping and stick to it.
Okay, if you have any additional thoughts of how to avoid buying the junk in the first place, please share with me. I would appreciate it. I want to get out of this habit. I have gained 5.5 lbs in the past 5 weeks, and that is the first time in over a year and a half that I have gained weight. I want to reverse this trend, and get back on track.
Thanks for listening.