Friday, November 09, 2012
I know I need to want to lose weight for me - and I do. In my head I feel like a totally different person than what I look like in the mirror, and I want those two people to finally match. I thought maybe I should list the reasons why I want to lose weight so when I lose motivation, I can come back and re-read, and remember that some things are more important than food, and some things are worth going to the gym even when I don't feel like it.
1. I don't want the boys to be embarrassed that they have the fat Mom.
2. I don't want to miss out on the fun stuff the boys want to do because I'm too out of shape to keep up.
3. I want to take the boys to disney one day and I'm terrified they'll tell me I'm too fat to fly.
4. My back hurts, and I'm tired of it hurting.
5. If I have another baby, I want to look pregnant.
6. I want to run a marathon (hell, I want to run around the block)
7. I just don't want to be the fat friend anymore.
8. I want to buy clothes at a normal store.
9. I don't want to see people out in public laughing and wondering if they're laughing at me.
10. I don't want to die young. I don't want to wait until I'm faced with a serious medical condition before I make things better. I don't want to miss out on chasing around my grandkids because I'm so unhealthy.