October Wrap Up (can someone slow this year down?)
Thursday, November 08, 2012
Looking back at my goals for October
1. Keep maintaining - YES
2. 1200 fitness minutes - this is a stretch target for me, but I want to aim for it - YES
3. Eat more fruit and vege - YES
4. Plan food in advance at least 6 days per week - Ummm? Had a bit of a change of heart on this one
On the face of it, October looks pretty good. As you know, I stopped tracking my food about half way through the month. I believe it was driving me to emotional eating - rather than stopping it. So far I am happy with my choice to stop tracking.
Goals for November
1. Keep maintaining
2. 1400 fitness minutes (this assumes I am going to get to spin class each week)
3. Keep focusing my meals and snacks around fruit and vege
4. Concentrate on dealing with emotions, without food
Just about every way of eating has a name, and (at least) one person who has written a book on the subject. I suppose I am wanting to not follow someone else's concept, but follow my inner self.
So these are the princlples I am going to follow -
Eating more fruit & vege
- Satisfies, with all the fibre & bulk
- Provides all the micronutrients that make me feel healthier & more energetic
- Ensures the majority of my food is high value (nutrients), low cost (calories) without tracking
- Follows the healthy eating guidelines of the mainstream health professionals
Awareness (someone with a book has probably called this 'Mindfulness')
- sitting down to eat
- being aware when I have eaten enough
- listening to whether my body is hungry or needs fuel - or is reacting to an emotion which would be better addressed another way
- enjoying the occasional treat - since this is part of the pleasure of life.
Two simple things to focus on - sounds simple (I hope)!
Wishing you a great month!