Thursday, November 08, 2012
Today is day 1 of my renewed commitment to Inside Out Weight Loss and self care.
I'm starting again with the first lesson and working my way through each one. And I'm committing to making the work public here on my blog, to add support and accountability! Warning, I'm sharing things that might seem negative, but this is part of the process and I feel sure that as I take these steps, life is going to shift back into the healthy, positive zone!
Lesson 1 is about "away from motivation", the things I'm doing/experiencing that I want out of my life!
For those interested, here are the podcasts I use:
Renee asks great questions to help focus the work:
How do I know I want to change? What behaviors do you want to change?
1. I turn to food when I'm upset, scared, stressed, angry, tired, worried, insecure, lonely.
2. I say horrible things to myself when I'm in a binge cycle.
3. I eat huge quantities of high calorie foods, uncontrollably, until I feel sick.
What unwanted symptoms do I have?
1. I feel sick to my stomach, and have major digestive issues from overeating.
2. I have horrible mood swings depending on where I'm at with my eating/weight.
3. I don't sleep well when I'm in a binge cycle because I'm upset with myself and physically uncomfortable.
What is the effect on your relationships?
1. My husband and I are having lots of marital strain, due to my mood swings, irritability, and impatience.
2. My daughter sees me binging - this is a terrible lesson for her to learn.
3. My daughter and I have conflicts when I'm irritable and impatient during a binge cycle.
4. I'm irritable with my students, my colleagues, my parents, etc. Everyone is affected during the binge periods.
What will my future be like if I continue down this path?
1. I'll continue to struggle with my weight, self-esteem and energy.
2. I'll continue to have digestive issues, that could worsen.
3. My relationships will disappear because people will lose interest in a person with such mood swings.
Steven Covey says "Your habits define you." This is not the life I want to create for myself. I want habits of mind and body that support my best self, my best health, and leads to me being vibrant, loving and well.
I'm so ready to take action now! I'm grabbing hold of the me I want to be and I know it's going to be easy because self care feels so much better over time. Being joyful, loving, confident and healthy feels so much better. It's the path of pleasure!
Renee says, "When you're aligned internally, the universe bows to your intent."
I've spent 42 years out of alignment internally. My words, deeds and actions have not really been in sync. But after a month of very serious life issues surrounding my health and my marriage, I'm so ready to finally experience the bliss of internal alignment.