Choosing My Mindset
Tuesday, November 06, 2012
I have been on a roll since July. This is not to say that everything has gone easily or that I haven't had a few days of eating more than planned. What I am saying it the I have set my mind to succeed and it is working for me.
So what is different for me this time around? There are a few things that seem to be really making a difference.
1. I am choosing to go slowly.
2. I am choosing to only make changes that feel like it is something I can do for the rest of my life.
3. I am choosing to stay focused on my goals and not get sidetracked by other people's drama.
4. I am choosing to stay positive, no matter what the weather is, no matter the daily frustrations, no matter if I am having to deal with negative people, no matter what the scale says.
5. I am choosing to tweak my food plan - eating more veggies, more fruits, more protein, more nuts, and dividing my meals up into 6 or 7 smaller meals.
6. I am choosing to look to the NSV as my focus on how well I am doing.
7. I am choosing to continue with SparkCoach because it gives me another source for accountability in my day and helps remind me how this is all about my choices.
8. I am choosing to not focus on an end goal of a certain dress size or number on a scale.
9. I am choosing to work my program moment by moment making choices that fit me and my lifestyle.
10. I am choosing to push myself just slightly out of my comfort zone in order to get in a few extra minutes of exercise.
11. I am choosing to drink all my water, everyday, and to be grateful that I have an abundance of clean water right from my tap.
12. I am choosing to look for inspiration and support from my other Sparkfriends and hopefully also give support to them.
13. I am choosing to have a mindset of success and not give up when I veer off course, because I know that it is natural for my journey to have a few side trips.
14. I am choosing to not binge, but to deal with my emotions in other healthy ways.
15. I am choosing to recognize when I might be meeting an obstacle and change how I deal with it before I get to it and not after I fall over it.
16. I am choosing to do this for the rest of my life because I want to stay healthy and strong and enjoy everyday knowing I have done the best that I can.