Progress the week of 10/28-11/4
Sunday, November 04, 2012
Since I am documenting my calories and workouts faithfully over on the Buddy Challenge message board, I decided to just have my Sunday blog be about ways I've noticed progress this week and areas that I want to improve on.
- A pair of pants I used to consider a skinny pair (and I blogged about 6 weeks ago about how I was amazed I was wearing them) I noticed on Friday are starting to get loose. I've actually got about an inch of space at the waistband. Maybe in a few weeks I'll have to start belting them?
- Yesterday I tried on a pair of pants that I found at the bottom of my closet back from 2009 that I have never worn because of how tight they were on my hips (though they oddly were okay in the waist). I was able to wear them comfortably with my belt buckled to the last buckle.
- I did a yoga routine on Thursday that I have not done in almost 2 months that involves a lot of backbends/laying on your stomach, and I could feel that my belly was noticeably smaller since the last time I had done that workout.
- A few times this week I caught a glance of myself in a mirror/reflection and was pleasantly surprised at how good I'm looking.
- I was down 1 pound at my weekly weigh-in this morning and now am under 170 for the first time in who knows how long.
Areas I'd like to improve in:
- I slept well when I was sleeping, but needed more sleep than I got, and also overslept one morning and had to cut my exercise that morning in half. I'm hoping Daylight Savings ending might help me correct that.
- I'd like to keep working on improving my speed on the elliptical.
- I'd like to keep my calorie deficit for the day at 750 or less - I've only got 15 pounds to go and my BMI is low enough that I really don't need to be burning off more calories than that per day, but if I eat on the low end of my calorie range on my more intense workout days in particular, my calorie deficit can easily be 850-950. Plus, I was pretty crabby on the days that I kept my intake in the lower 50 calories of my range (and, looking back, those were on my heavier workout days too). So, I will monitor this and make sure I'm getting enough.
Onwards and upwards!