Sunday, November 04, 2012
For November, I'm getting back to the basics. I'm walking more, and I'm doing more sets of stairs at work. My water intake is getting better again, and I feel healthier.
1. Walk whenever possible. A fellow Viking told me to park farther from the store and walk a little more. I've started doing that. I'm also purposefully getting up more at work and walking the halls every 30 minutes.
2. Drink more water. I'm up to 6-7 glasses a day. A lot better from when I was sick about a month ago. I need to purchase some of those Mio things so it'll make my drinks taste better.
3. Track my food intake. I've gotten extremely lazy on this, but I'm going to try to make it important to me again. I would do really well with it for the first half of the day and then I'd gorge on something and be too ashamed to put it in the tracker. I'm going to start fessing up to myself what goes in my mouth.
4. Plan my meals out ahead of time. I hate looking in the fridge at 6 pm trying to figure out what's for dinner, and usually by that time I really don't care if it's healthy or not. A little planning is going to make this journey a whole lot easier.
5. Take more time to be with my children. They're growing up so fast and already becoming independent. While I appreciate that they need to learn that, I still want to spend as much time as possible with them while they still want to be around me (ie...they're not teenagers).