Well, while October was overall a good month for me, I had some definite ups and downs. I gained about 5 lbs and also lost the same 5, so I guess that is better than gaining and NOT losing, but definitely I wouldn't say that there was any progress in the weight department. As for my other goals:
1. Fitness minutes - 1000 for October. - DID NOT MEET. I only logged in about 300 minutes total for October. Part of this was due to my plantar's fascitis and trying to get rid of the soreness through stretching and icing.
FOR NOVEMBER: Will utilize deep water aerobics to help rehab the PF, then will add moderate amounts of running to my walking and hiking. Goal is 1000 total minutes of exercise for November.
2. Food and Nutrition: I will stick to SANE foods 6 days per week. MET! I have eliminated starchy carbs after the myriad insane birthday celebrations in October.
FOR NOVEMBER: I will continue to focus on non-starchy carbs (veggies), high quality proteins, fruits, nuts, and plenty of water and green tea almost every day during the month. Cravings for sweets seem to have finally subsided, so I might allow myself a treat on Thanksgiving, but will be careful to not let myself overdo it.
3. Work: Limiit myself to 40 - 45 hours per week in October. Work smarter. Didn't really do quite as well as I had expected due to much travel and a Quality Assurance review for all 10 of my counties! Was in the chair and in the car more than I wanted, but this review is now officially OVER - WOO HOO!!
FOR NOVEMBER: Will be working on Quality Improvement in some areas identified in the QA review, but will integrate this into normal work activities for another 40 - 45 hour per week goal.
4. Attitude: Be Positive, inspire others, be kind, supportive, focused, the best Friend, Mom, Grandma and Girlfriend (ha, at my age?!) that I can! HMMMMM....like I said earlier, I'm not really sure how to measure this, but I believe that I have been more positive, more sensitive to the journeys and trials of others, and haven't ticked anybody off enough so that they would tell me about it, so that's probably a good indication that I maybe MET this goal!?!?!?
For NOVEMBER: Continue to focus on this! BE A GREAT SPARK FRIEND by encouraging my spark friends and others and by learning from my Spark Friends!
5) New one for November: Take care of my dry skin! I have begun using coconut oil and am encouraged by the results on my arms and legs...but, my hands are so important (as we all know!) and are vital to my lifestyle and livelihood! WHY do I let this happen to them? They are so dry, chapped, cracked and look and feel awful. They are worse recently, and I'm sure that is because they're in water so much. So, I'm going to try to remember to use rubber gloves as often as possible and keep the lotion flowing! By putting this in writing, I believe I have a better shot at actually achieving success than if I just think about it in a nebulous "really need to take care of my hands" passing thought!
Hope everyone has an AWESOME November and I'm hoping my friends in the Northeast are back to normal really soon!