Thursday, November 01, 2012
Congrats everyone! We made it through Halloween! The first of the holiday season is over.
It has been a very busy week for me. I've been working on my application to Teach English in Japan after graduation, and I've been working on my application for an Advanced Printmaking class next semester. The advanced class will be very difficult, but it's my last semester and I want to do something amazing.
I have also been working my on list of changes I need to make to reduce stress and avoid burnout this year. I have completed:
3) Quit pole classes
4) Quit my burlesque group: they were very supportive and I'm still going to be around to hang out and help with little things.
5) Don't worry about weight loss: yes, this needs to take the back burner until I have more time. But there is still room for tiny diet changes and small increments of exercise. I'm just not OCDing about counting calories and whatnot.
My burlesque group wants to buy my pole, so I can get #2 done soon. I really want a bed! Futons suck.
It feels odd to be making all these changes, I felt guilty for little while and wanted to change my mind about all of these changes. But I remembered that I love school the most so that's where I need to have my dedication right now.
Without the pole and performance group, I now have no ties to my college town that would keep me here after graduation or Japan. That means I can literally go anywhere in the world after Japan, there is no reason for me to stay here unless I wanted to. The thought is overwhelming and exciting. I've always wanted to travel the world or move up north and out of North Carolina, but with all of this stress I've wanted to give up on that dream and stay here to work retail or something lame. This is the first step to getting back to my optimistic and adventurous self.
So my next steps are:
1) decrease my Japanese study to 15 minutes per day
6) Do a 1hr workout class per week at school
7) Finish my Japan and Adv Printmaking applications
Once I get the applications out of the way and catch up on a little schoolwork, I will be done with this purging/reduction stage and at a healthy level of... living I guess, lol. Once I get used to that I want to add the 10-minutes SP workout videos everyday. I think doing yoga would really help with my stress, or kickboxing lol!
I've got a good feeling about November!