November Goals: Stop the Binge
Thursday, November 01, 2012
Time to look back at the goals set in October. In an attempt to kick start some more progresss I decided at the beginning of this fall to start monthly goals and blog about them. I set them at the beginning of the month and reevaluate at the end. Hopefully this will keep me more accountable and really, just give me some focus and motivation. I will set a weight goal for the month as well as three other goals.
I did not meet my weight goal of 160. I am actually heading the wrong direction, up. I started at 165.4 and am up to 166.4. At least it is pretty steady, I just need to get it heading back in the right direction. I am going to focus on my goals and head for 160 again. I am try to not be too hard on myself because that only hurts my efforts.
Here is a reflection on by October goals:
1. TRY SPACING MEALS: I am not perfect with this but I have gotten much better, yay!
2. DRINK 8 CUPS OF WATER A DAY, MINIMUM: I am getting better with this. I need to continue to keep this in mind though, its a good one
3. DO NOT EAT AT MY DESK OR IN FRONT OF THE COMPUTER OR ON THE SOFA: This could use some improvements.
Current Weight: 166.4
Goal Weight: 160.0 (lets try this again)
1. STOP BINGE EATING, ESPECIALLY AT NIGHT: Ok, this is the major reason I am not losing in my opinion. I am going to have a calendar on my fridge that will keep my accountability in sight. Hopefully this will work. I am going to but a dollar in the jar for each day I don't binge and buy myself a non-food christmas gift with the money I build up. Hopefully that will motivate me.
2. CURB WEEKEND/HOLDIAY EATING: So, I have Thanksgiving and a Mini-Vaca this month. I am not going to totally restrict myself (because that is not sustainable) but I just need to keep in mind MODERATION.
3. LEARN MY HUNGER CUES: I am horrible at this, but I am going to try this again. This will hopefully make the change more sustainable in the long run and weekends easier in the short turn.
Well, I think I am heading in the right direction but there is still work to be done. Hopefully these goals, and writing them down, will give me the kick start I need! Good luck to eveyone else with their goals and HAPPY NOVEMBER!