Guess what I did? A 5k!!! The "Color Me Rad!" 5k in Blacksburg was this Saturday and it was awesome! Admittedly, this is not a 5k you do for speed, you do it for the experience of breathing in gallons of colored cornstarch that make everything from your teeth to your toes every shade of the rainbow!
So, my friends and I started the race looking like this:
We then spent the next 3.1 miles being sprayed, powdered, dusted, and bombed with color (including a few instances of rolling on the ground).
How bad did we look, did you ask? Oh, let me show you:
It was SO MUCH FUN. I went and bought that skirt right before the race to go over my workout pants (so that I'd have something white for the bottom as well) and I wore what was a nice shirt of mine, that had become TOO BIG. Do you hear that? TOO BIG. It was so gratifying to destroy something that was too big for me.
The skirt, might I add, is a size 24. TWENTY FOUR people. I started as probably a size 30 or so, now my 28 jeans are loose and I should probably be in 26's for pants and I easily wore a 24 skirt (6 bucks at WM, that's right! :P)
We had so much fun. And I completed the 3.1 miles in 51 minutes roughly a 16 min/mile. This is not an amazing time, but the path was not paved and it was entirely made of hills. We ended up running through the cow pastures! Definitely not the best smell I've smelled.
I can't wait until January when I get access to a treadmill regularly and can start working on increasing my ability to actually run.
Ok, so, for the WUBs.
1. Drink at least 12 glasses of water in ADDITION to any soda, actually count them, I'm mostly getting this, but I'm not consciously paying attention to how many I am consuming.
2. Start Insanity on Tuesdays with Kayla! (OBVIOUSLY modifying this to not kill me or break anything, but I am going to try it)
3. Go to Zumba on Thursdays and Aqua Zumba on Fridays (NO EXCUSES)
4. Figure out my halloween costume, I have a party and no plan!
5. DO NOT BE LATE FOR SEMINAR...I have to put this here, even though it is unrelated to weight loss, because for two completely different and unpredictable reasons, I've been significantly late to my Friday class and it drives me bonkers!
1. Have not been consistent in measuring it, have been consistent in getting at least 10, if not 16-20 a day of just water. (I have never, in my life, had to get up in the middle of the night to pee, until now, this is ridiculous.)
2. She has not brought the DVD's she said she would, so I added more Zumba classes. I went to Zumba last week on Saturday, Tuesday, Thursday and Aqua Zumba on Friday. This week I did the 5k on Sunday, Zumba on Monday, I'm going to the gym with my friend tonight, I have Zumba tomorrow, and I am out of town for the weekend.
4. No costume, but now no party, so no worries! :)
5. I was on time! Finally! :D
1. Actually account for each glass of water.
2. Stop eating out 1x/day (usually pick up a grilled chicken sandwich or something) As this is a gradual process my goal is no more than 5x this week.
3. Do a Zumba DVD while out of town this weekend.
4. Remember to eat this weekend (you'd think I wouldn't have to say this, but when I visit this particular person ((ex-sorta-boyfriend thing, haha)) we kinda forget to eat...
5. Make my bed every morning and stop sleeping with things that are not bedding. I have this bad habit of turning my queen size bed into a twin bed and a work space and I have SO much crap in my bed and I sleep in a pile of blankets that have no rhyme or reason. I need to work on getting better and more restful sleep by doing this.
That should do it!
Hope you all have been well!