Taking care of myself
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
College, homework, Japanese study, burlesque group, pole dancing, workouts, weight loss, body painting, and a part-time job.
I knew I would break at some point with all this. I'm on a one-track course to burnout and dropout (and hobo-ism).
I tend to overextend myself all the time. Even when I cancel some commitments, I still want to do more. More more more. This is causing me to get burned out in my last year of college. I realize this is unhealthy and that I'm not a robot that can go 24/7. Thanks to Sparkpeople message boards, I have an idea of how to fix this and realize I need to take care of myself if I want to graduate. Instead of having tons of priorities, I am making school #1. And no matter what, I can't add more commitments after this final purge. So some changes I will make immediately:
1) Decrease my Japanese study to 15 minutes per day.
2) Sell my Pole and buy a bed: I have a professional pole that I used for fitness. I haven't been able to practice at all. If I sell it, I can buy a mattress. This would greatly improve my life because my current futon leaves me tired and achy every day.
3) Quit pole classes: I haven't been able to go lately and my school has free zumba classes.
4) Quit my burlesque group: We perform at clubs and are getting more and more shows. The other girls are aiming for stardom, but this is just for fun for me. I can quit or decrease to a behind-the-scenes role.
5) Don't worry about weight loss: I will not worry about losing weight and counting calories, instead I will only make tiny food changes instead of a diet overhaul.
6) Do a 1hr workout class per week at school
Yeah I know, weight loss is going on hold until I graduate. But I can slowly build up a healthier diet without calorie counting. And hopefully, once things settle down, I can do the 10-minute SP workout videos everyday.
I will aim to get the immediate stuff done within the next two weeks. Once my plate is cleared of nothing but school (and a tiny bit of Japanese), then I can work on small habits. Really small, like, eat 1 piece of fruit per day. I will try not to get overloaded again, but I will also try not to gain weight. Maybe I'll end up losing weight once all this stress is gone.
I LOVE SCHOOL! I WILL GET MY DEGREE IN AWESOMENESS!