Wellness wrap up...
Sunday, October 28, 2012
I am ending my 30 day blog with a focus on wellness. 28. What do you do for wellness? For example, to increase emotional, spiritual, or intellectual well-being? I try to be holistic. I am catholic, and use my Iphone for daily mass, plus mass with communion on Sunday. I have a faith group that I meet with once a week. I love to be creative in the kitchen, and the act of cooking soothes me. I am a reader, and read everyday. Currently i am reading REDMIST, a kay scarpetta book. and i love netflix. there is something calming about grey's anatomy. I am re-watching the show, and am on season 2.
29. There is so much MORE to you than your wellness journey. Please share 10 facts about yourself that aren't related to your weight loss journey, how you eat, or how you exercise.
1) I am a parent of three teenagers. and a prospect parent to a four year old.
2) I am married to my best friend, who is my polar opposite. it's a ying / yang thing.
3) I drive a very old van that is dying it's last breathe. My next car depends on if my household grows. If Connor comes to live with us, it's a new van or SUV. something to haul sports equipment for the next ten years. If Connor doesn't come, it;s a hybrid car that is eco friendly.
4) We built our house, and am consistently in the process of finishing. My master bathroom is almost all done.
5) I am a professional social worker in public child welfare.
6) I have my MSW, which I got while working full time. The baby was born during this period of life. I don't remember much of those three years.
7) I married into a huge catholic family. I have never hosted thanksgiving dinner, as it is tradition to go to Grandma Carvo's. This year, because of some unhealthy family dynamics, we are giving grandma Carvo a break and I am hosting dinner for 75.
8) I have 5 nieces, ranging in age from 19-5. I have 8 nephews ranging in age from 16-3.
9) I have two god daughters ( one is a niece and one is a child from work that a friend adopted) three god sons ( two nephews, and one is the brother to my friends' adopted child.)
10) I am Catholic. I was baptized Methodist, went to a non denominational church during my adolescent, went to a Presbyterian college, left the church and investigated paganism for a while, my parents converted to orthodoxy, and I converted to Catholicism when I married Steve.
30. What are you most proud of about your journey towards healthy living during the month of October? that I consistently sparked, blogged, tracked it all. That I am still here, trying everyday to be healthy. Today, i woke up with a headache, and have decided that I am having a self care day. I have the laundry going, a roast in the oven, have sparked and am skipping church to have some quiet time.