Saturday, October 27, 2012
Today I got to talk to my mom who helped me reinforce some valuable lessons.
My mom has always been naturally slim. She overeats from time to time, but never freaks out about it. She eats out, sees friends, goes to parties, and has a great time. Sometimes she'll eat too much, sometimes she won't. She doesn't think about it too much either way. She is always confident that her weight will stay the same because she does some key things...
1. She weighs herself daily to keep in check.
2. When she overeats at a party, she eats a bit lighter the next day.
3. If she is on vacation and gains a few pounds, she eats lighter when she gets back and takes it off.
4. She is patient. If it took a week or two to gain, she knows it will take about that much time to come back off.
5. She enjoys life, she enjoys treats from time to time, she enjoys a good meal. But again, life for her isn't only about food. She enjoys all of her life!
She doesn't sweat it. She doesn't talk about food and weight obsessively. She doesn't get stressed or scared by it. She trusts her inner wisdom to self-correct and get back on track.
Since I started my most recent journey with Inside Out Weight Loss, I'm starting to not only think and act like my mom, but look like her! In fact, some of her pants are too big on me now!