Friday, October 26, 2012
• Going off sugar was easier than I thought it would be
• Going off sugar didn’t impact my family life at all. In fact, no-one in my family even knew or noticed until I said something after 2 weeks when offered something.
• L-Glutamine powder (amino acid supplement) has SAVED my brain and gotten me out of the hypoglycemic cycle of low blood sugar crashes. I carry this stuff EVERYwhere with me. I take a tiny scoop under my tongue between lunch and dinner. I don’t crash at my desk in the afternoon, I don’t go to the vending machine, and I don’t come home and eat chocolate chips out of the pantry while making dinner.
• Even a small amount of sugar, or sugary food by itself can actually cause me to dive into a depressive state, have obsessive or repetitive thoughts, become crazy over-sensitive, or cry for no reason whatsoever. There is an undeniable correlation!!!!!!
• Going off sugar while still eating wheat was easy. Going off wheat and sugar together is when I ran into detox issues. I learned that my body was still getting its ‘fix’ with the refined carbs.
• I may think I have a ‘sweet tooth’ and that I am a chocoholic, but it goes much deeper than that. I am particulary sensitive to all carbohydrates. Honestly I don’t even like the taste of those awful chocolate chip muffins that I ‘buy for my son.’
• When I eat sugar and refined carbohydrates, my brain cannot function at its full capacity. In fact, I feel like I am running on half my cylinders.
• There is a reason that the food plan used along with the 12-Step Program at Overeater’s Anonymous forbids sugar and processed grains. They are addictive substances and anyone sensitive to addictions of any kind, should avoid them.
• Healing my body and getting healthy and staying that way for the rest of my life is going to take some time and effort now.