Fitness Frenzy, blogs 22-27
Monday, October 22, 2012
22. What is your current workout/fitness routine? I belong to a gym. I cardio ( treadmill for two miles a day, except for Sunday and Monday. I do free weights twice a week ( Monday, Thursday and sometimes Saturday. I have two short walking routes for lunch time or Sunday.
23. What are your current fitness goals? I have a daily goal of 10,000 steps each day. Today, I lost my fitbit and missed out on a half day of counting, as I found it at lunch time. I have a secret fantasy of doing a tri. Or a big fun run. I want to improve my endurance. I want to include yoga into my routine. There is a yoga class on Thursday nights that I want to try, but each week there is an excuse. I want to include swimming. There is this girl at the gym, who is my inspiration. She runs and lifts weights, making it look easy.
24. When did you incorporate fitness goals into your healthy lifestyle? (Before starting to lose weight, during weight loss, after goal weight, etc.) I joined the gym last fall, when I took time off and focused on getting healthy. I have keep up the membership, even though my budget could use the trimming. It's the only thing I do for me, besides paying for my meds, that I consider self care. I am looking for fitness buddies, because I do better at the gym if I have a partner.
25. Is there any form of fitness/exercise that you tried and gave up? Is there any form of fitness/exercise that you would like to try? I tried zumba, but don't have any sense of rhythm without alcohol. I want to try yoga again, but need to be careful of my fake hip. I would love to be a runner, but the girls bounce to much and it actually hurts. :(
26. Do you like to exercise alone, with a partner, in a small group, or in a large group? Why? I have three work out buddies. My good friend meets me at the gym Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, at 4:45 Am and we treadmill until it's time to go to work. My two other co-workers and I joined together to do a series of personal training. Now it's over, and we agreed to keep going without the trainer. We were suppose to met tonight, but work got in the way. I do better with a committed partner, it's more fun to have someone to talk to while working out. I keep inviting my children to lift with me, but they decline. My walks at lunch time and on Sundays are my solo time, I prefer to walk outside alone.
27. Have you ever hired anyone to help you with your journey? A personal trainer? A dietician/nutritionist? A wellness coach? A life coach? What worked and didn't work? I have tried personal trainers on three different occasions. The last time was the only time it actually clicked, and I found a person who encouraged, pushed, supported and taught. If I had money, i would continue. I've seen a dietician for meal planning a couple of times, and both times I felt like I knew more than they did about what works for me. I think i am a pretty hard client. I tried therapist a couple of times for eating issues, self esteem work, putting the whole thing all together. I look at each attempt as a step in the process. Not all things worked, but if I can take one thing away and learn from it, it's progress.