BLC 20 Mid-Challenge Reboot
Monday, October 22, 2012
Part of this weekend challenge is to look at the goals I made at the beginning of the challenge and assess where I am. Original goal listed first, then how I did and my new goal for the next 6 weeks.
1. My goal is to lose 20lbs in 12 weeks. I know this will be a challenge, but I chose a higher number on purpose for something to reach for and I will not "fail" if I don't achieve this one.
I have lost 8.2lbs so far this challenge, even amidst some waning motivation and celebrations with food. I don't know if 11.8 lbs in 6 weeks is going to happen, but again it is something to strive for. And again, I will not consider myself to have failed if I don't reach that particular number.
2. Track all food every day and stay within calorie range and near macronutrient targets of 45% carbs, 30% fat, and 25% protein.
Honestly, I have not tracked all food every day, but I have tracked at least 90% of the time. On the days I didn't track, I just was too busy but I honestly think I ate similarly to the days I did track. I stayed in range about 80% of the time. I am renewing my goal of tracking every day and staying in range.
3. Limit added sugar and processed foods. I do not go so far as to cut them out completely because then my mind rebels against being restricted, but by saying I'm limiting them gets me pretty close to zero.
I allowed myself some treats for my birthday (early October) and since then I've allowed myself some treats. I know that this is a slippery slope for me. I've recently pulled back the reigns on this and not letting sweets sneak in.
4. Plan meals for the week every Saturday and make a master shopping list.
I've been doing this, even the weeks when it's been begrudgingly. I know it's good for me, but I like to be spontaneous.
5. At least 5 freggies per day, with at least 2 of them being veggies.
I've stuck to this about 95% of the time. It's getting a little harder now that the fresh local produce is no longer abundant. Will have to adjust and start using produce that is economical during the winter months.
6. Complete the 12-week streak of at least 20 minutes of exercise, 5 days per week.
I broke my streak last week. So even though I'm out for the challenge, I'm picking it back up to track on my own.
7. Complete the 5k walking program and do my virtual 5k walk on 9/29. Then, complete the 5k walk/run program and do virtual 5k run/walk on 11/3. Finally, do another virtual 5k run/walk on 12/2 with time improvement. Look into actual 5k's.
Completed the 5k walking program and did my virtual 5k walk on 10/6. I have not started the walk/run program yet but I'm working on improving my walking time. I've already shaved off over 10 minutes from my 5k time on 10/6. My new goal is to start the run/walk program on 11/1 and do the virtual 5k on 12/2 as a run/walk.
8. 150 exercise minutes goal for the first week, then add 15 min per week.
I'm up to 240 minutes per week. Instead of adding 15 min every week, instead if I went over my goal for the week, I made that number my goal for the next week. If I met the goal, I added 15 min. If I did not meet the goal, I made the same goal the next week.
9. Meditate at least 3 times per week.
I have not been doing this. My new goal is to meditate once a week.
10. Visualize myself at goal and look at my vision collage once per day.
I have not done this every day. I have done it about 3-4 times per week. Renewing my goal to do this every day.