We are mid way through the BLC20 Challenge. I'm getting closer to my goal. I need to take a look at my plan to evaluate 1. What's working? and 2. What changes should I make?
Plan my meals ahead of time. Build them around protein and vegetables/fruit. Balance with whole grains and dairy and good oils.
* 1 or 2 servings fruit/veg
* dairy and/or whole grain
BEAT THE SLUMP MOVE: Get in more vegetables. Make nutritious soups for lunch and snacks to help control calorie intake and to get in vegetable servings.
* limit wine/booze to special occasions. I've already been doing this and feel SO MUCH better.
* water water water water
* drink chamomile tea in the evening to relax
BEAT THE SLUMP MOVE: This is working. I am not drinking tea every evening. I should because I struggle to relax and fall asleep. Ok... tea at night it is!
Try to get 30 minutes of planned exercise every day.
* while weather is still good, ride my bike to the gym
* do SparkPeople video during lunch break
* clean up work out area in the garage & do planned routines
* use the stair stepper Sandy gave me
* take dogs to 1000 Acres 1x a week and WOG
* yoga in the evenings with Jerry
BEAT THE SLUMP MOVE: New plan is to get gym cardio minimum of 3 times a week. Stretch more, continue fitness challenges and schedule -
Monday & Wednesday: Upper body, abs routine
Tuesday & Thursday: Lower body, waist workout
Saturday or Sunday - extra FM's from biking or walking
BEAT THE SLUMP MOVE: Get in on the new classes that started at the gym! Do it!
Obstacles to overcome
October 26 - 28: Visiting my bestie! She let's me cook so I need to plan it out and NO CHIPS!
November 11- 12: Veterans Day weekend at the beach - seafood is low cal!
November 22: Thanksgiving - I get to plan and cook so I will make healthy foods, low fat
December: Holidays - Parties - baking goodies. Hmmm... I will try recipes from skinnytase & Gracious Pantry and have low calorie, reduced fat and whole food treats and plan for them.
* Weekend Challenge & Strongend! Plan meal ahead of time & count calories. Increase cardio that week.
BEAT THE SLUMP MOVE: This is all working. I have been successful! Keeping it up!
I can do this! I'm off to the gym for my lunch break right now! Gonna sweat!